Clothes Cabin is a Chandler nonprofit that provides clothing and household linens to people in need. We have removed barriers that other clothing banks may have, so no one is refused service based on residence, citizenship, ethnicity, gender, religion, or any other factor.
We want your experience to be pleasant.
To serve as many people as possible, there are policies you must agree to at registration:
- You acknowledge that you cannot afford to buy the clothes you need, for yourself or your family.
- The clothes you receive are for your personal use, not for sale or trade.
- You are permitted to take a limited number of articles for yourself, your spouse, and your children under 18. You may not take clothing for anyone else unless you have legal guardianship. The amount of clothing you are permitted to take may vary from time to time, depending on the supply of clothing available.
- You may visit us for service once every three months.
- Children are not permitted in the shopping area for their safety, so if at all possible, it’s best to come without your children. If you must bring your children, they are required to stay in the Kids Cabin play room for their own safety and the safety of our other clients. If they are destructive or unhappy in Kids Cabin, you may be asked to return at another time without your children.
- A photo ID is required at each visit.
- Providing false information on the registration form will disqualify you from any further service.
- No food or beverages are permitted inside Clothes Cabin.
You do not need an appointment
Clients are served on a walk-in basis at 1100 N. Alma School Rd., Suite 10 Chandler, AZ 85224. The hours are Tuesday and Wednesday 9am to 3pm and Thursday 6pm to 8pm. Please allow at least 30 minutes for registration and shopping. We are closed on holidays and from Dec. 25 to Jan. 1.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where are you located?
We are located on the NW corner of Alma School and Ray Roads in Chandler Marketplace. Our address is 1100 N. Alma School Rd., Suite 9 Chandler, AZ 85224.
What are your hours?
Clothes Cabin Client Service Hours: Tuesday and Wednesday 9am to 3pm, Thursday 6pm to 8pm.
Donation hours: (at the back door) Tuesday through Saturday 10am to 2pm or Thursday 6pm-8pm.
Friends Boutique hours: Tuesdays-Saturdays 10am-2pm.
Do I need a referral to get clothes?
No. No appointment or referral is needed. Please see Get Help for more details.
Who qualifies for free clothing?
Anyone who cannot afford to purchase the clothes they need. Please see Get Help for more details.
What do I need to bring?
A current photo ID. Please see Get Help for more details.
Do my children need to be with me to get clothes?
No. Children are not permitted in the shopping area for their safety, so it is best to come at a time when you do not have the children with you. If you must bring your children, they must remain in the Kids Cabin or front sitting area.
Can I get clothes for the children I babysit?
No. Clothing is limited to the applicant, spouse, and children under 18.
How much clothing can I get?
The limits change from time to time depending on the current supply. Typically, each individual will be allowed four to seven items of clothing plus socks and underwear. Limits on household linens are one set of sheets, one blanket, or one set of towels per visit. Work boots, when available, are issued one time to men or women who need them for their job or to obtain employment.
How often can I come?
Once every three months. Eligibility is reviewed on an as-needed basis.
Is there any charge?
No. All the clothing is free.
What do you have besides clothing?
Shoes, household linens (towels, sheets, blankets) and, occasionally, hygiene kits.
I heard you wash clothes for free. What’s that about?
Clothes Cabin offers a free laundry service for its homeless clients only. Clients may visit Clothes Cabin during our regular client service hours and we will set you up at the laundry mat for a wash and dryer load.